Sunday, May 5, 2013

Journal Entry 4: Chapter 6

Some contend that secretly recording conversations or activities, even when the acts recorded occur in a public space, is a violation of privacy. State and defend your position on the matter.

First off, you're in a public space, not a private space. Kind of like social media, if you put it out there you're in a public domain. Obviously, I'm on the side that it's not a violation of privacy, if it's for government or police use. I don't think it should be illegal to record someone in a public place, but I do think it would be weird if some random guy recorded my conversation. However, if we're talking about police doing it, then of course. It would help keep us safe, and I just don't see the point in trying to make sure no one records someone. I mean, do you know how annoying that would be to never be able to record anything in public? You couldn't take a photo, video, or anything for fear of accidentally catching someone else in it. Obvious choice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment