Sunday, September 23, 2012

Icicle eyelashes

It's starting to get cold again. Time to bring back out the heavy winter jackets we wish we would never have to see again. As much I love Ohio Northern University, one thing I could do without is the cold weather.

I've always been more of the summer, warm weather type of person. So why on earth did I come here? I have no idea. I even knew how cold it was and I still came here. Oh well, no sense in dwelling on the past. I'm here, and it's cold. That's what I have to live with at this point.



Now, cold for some people might be seven degrees, but that's nothing. I'm talking wind-chill of -40 degrees. You walk outside and icicles form on your eyelashes. It's freezing! I'm not saying there aren't people that are colder than us (because I'm sure Alaska can get a bit chilly) but for someone who lives for the beach, this is too cold.




Sometimes I think about how expensive it would be for ONU to be a dome over the sidewalks. They don't even have to heat it, just shielding students from the wind would help immensely. Crazy? Maybe a little, but I don't care, I think it would be AMAZING! Maybe I should get a petition started for that... OR I could just deal with layering in heavy coats and scarfs. However, for right now I'm going to ignore how cold it is getting and I'm going to hope that my mind will trick me into thinking I'm at a beach.


(Although, no matter how much I want to go to the beach, I will never be like this guy.)

1 comment:

  1. I think the dome is a great idea! Half the problem with Ada is that the wind can rip right through you. Oh well, the most we can do is just hope that this Winter won't be as bad as it could get out there.

    ReplyDelete