Sunday, September 9, 2012

7 Posts of a Female

Every woman that has a Facebook is guilty of doing this; most of the time girls aren't even aware. It's not a bad thing that girls do it, but we all post basically the same things (according to my observations).

Here's a challenge. Look through your Facebook account right now and read through girl's Facebook posts. If you do this you will probably start to see the same patterns that I saw.

Girls tend to post about seven things:

  1. Now the first two really go together, but first off, a statement about how ugly or good they look in order to get a compliment from someone (I would assume the person they like.)
  2. Pictures of themselves, and/or them with their friends getting ready to go out. Once again, trying to show how attractive they are (we have all seen the duck face, and most of us girls have probably done it)
3.  A picture or statement that contains a quote that they feel was made just for them at that moment --- and yes, this does include song lyrics



4.  Another type of photo is the fun photo. It usually involves the girl doing something ridiculous, by herself or with friends, to show how much fun she is. This could also be achieved through a Facebook status, which would contain something ridiculous, then probably the word YOLO


(Yes, that is me trying to be cool. Obviously, I did not exceed in society's terms, but we still thought so.)

5.  The one that always gets me is the post about their love life. Whether it's "I love my boyfriend!" or "Men suck" women always have an opinion about the men in their life and share it over Facebook

6.  Then, what I refer to as the random status. This normally includes something that happened during the day, or perhaps a photo of something they saw. This normally is the biggest percentage from what I've noticed, it can also be termed, the play-by-play post (depending how often someone updates their status)


The caption was "even monkeys need their morning coffee." (They're cute!)


7.  Last but not least, the one that probably gets girls into the most trouble, the complaining post. Yes, it's nice to get off a little steam every once and awhile, but it can get you into real trouble.


Now, I'm not saying girls ONLY post about these things, but these tend to be the ones that I've noticed the most (and I am also guilty of most of them). What other ones have you noticed?

I focused more on women with this blog post, but what about men? I haven't really been able to categorize them, but it seems that most of the time their posts deal with sports, music, or them saying something funny (or trying to). Has anyone noticed any other ones?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm laughing. This is exactly why I hardly ever post statuses on Facebook. You're pretty spot on and what drives me the most nuts while I'm on Facebook is seeing photo albums titled "Me" and there is a million pictures of that person. Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really accurate. I've seen all of these types of pictures 100 times. You would think people would get tired of taking the same pictures of themselves over and over again.

    ReplyDelete