Saturday, September 29, 2012

My travels and new adventures

I've always wanted to travel the world (or at least travel SOMEWHERE), but until this past year, it looked like my dream was really never going to happen. However, a co-worker of mine moved to New Orleans this summer and needed someone to help her move. So, along with a fellow co-worker, Seth Lawerence, helped pack up the truck and off we went to New Orleans.



Up until the trip the furthest I had ever been away from home would probably be the Outer Banks in North Carolina (pretty sad, huh?). For some, that is considered traveling, but the furthest south I had ever been was northern Kentucky and northern West Virginia, and the furthest west was eastern Indiana. I've always wanted to go south and west.

Obviously, I've achieved my dream of going south, and that dream just made me want to achieve the other part of going west (side-note: another part is I've always dreamed of watching the sun set over the Pacific). So when PRSSA said the conference was in California, saying I was excited doesn't really capture the moment. I was ECSTATIC! If I do recall properly, I'm pretty sure my heart stopped for a split second I was THAT in shock.


(I was even more excited than Chuck at his own birthday party.)

The trip is coming up in mid October and I have no idea what to expect. We're flying out there and since we drove to New Orleans, I've never been in an airplane before. I never thought I was afraid of flying, but now I'm starting to get a little nervous and anxious about it (so anyone that is also going to the conference, I'm sorry if I have a panic attack).

Luckily though, the night before we leave my internship is having this big fundraiser that I helped put together, so I won't get back til late from that, and we leave campus at 3 a.m. so I'm pretty sure I'll sleep on the plane. Staying up all night tends to make me tired the next day. Overall, I'm really excited to go on this new adventure to San Francisco.


1 comment:

  1. No need to be afraid of flying, you'll have a blast. Like you, until recently I hadn't traveled anywhere, at all. Now, I love traveling and the commotion of rushing through the airport. I'm so sad I'm not able to go to San Fran with all of you. Have some adventures for me!

    ReplyDelete